GONewEngland Update - 04/02/09

  • Ken Leonard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2009

      ===

      Hello GONewEnglanders!

      Activities are starting to come in. Visit
      http://www.GONewEngland.org and click on the Bulletin Board for
      information about...

      - BIKING NORTH OF BOSTON with Michael S. Michael has posted this for
      years, and I'm glad to say it's baa-aaaaack. Stretch your legs for
      the biking season with a pleasant ride starting in Wakefield, Mass. April 5.

      - HIKING NORTHWEST OF BOSTON with Your Webmaster. Hike Mt. Kearsarge
      in Wilmot, NH from Winslow State Park. Excellent views for a little
      bit of effort. April 5. RSVP for carpool/caravan from Rte. 93 in
      northern MA or Concord, NH.

      - WALKING JUST OUTSIDE OF BOSTON with Barry G. April 11, Middlesex
      Fells. Don't forget to RSVP to Barry so you get all the details.

      - WALKING WEST OF BOSTON with Dawn S. and the Boston Hiking
      Meetup. On Patriot's Day (April 18) Walk the Battle Road and check
      out the colonial reenactments, colonial weapons demonstrations,
      crafts, games, and more.

      Thank you for those! If I missed something, please e-mail me.

      If YOU have an idea, visit the site and click on "Run An Activity" or
      "Run An Event". The 1400+ people out here will appreciate it.

      ---
      ---

      It was sad to note the recent passing of local radio talk show host
      Larry Glick. I caught his show often when I was growing up,
      including summer nights at the family camp in Conway, NH when the
      local AM station WBNC shut down for the evening to let WBZ
      through. Overnighters "Lorenzo Glickiano" and Norm Nathan were
      favorites for their wit and humor.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-XeBvd5Pqw will get you the
      "Orangutan Story", one of Larry Glick's most requested cuts. There
      are a few more links to sites featuring some of Larry's material at
      the top of my home page (http://www.kleonard.com).

      All righty then...almost time for Steve Leveille...if I can stay
      awake that long. :-)

      Send in those activities, then Get Outdoors, Make New Friends...and BE SAFE.

      ...kl...