g-g-g-grandfather Alan Godwin

  • dgodwin45
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 31, 2001
      Searching for Alan Godwin believed born in
      Maryland. Married Nancy Greenwood in Daviess County,
      Indiana on Spt 15, 1825. He died about 1834. Probate
      records have spelling of last name as Godden. Widow
      married Peter Burris on June 2, 1836. Would like
      information of his parents.
    • Glenda Sue Vize
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 4, 2003
        I am researching this family. I have some information on them, but
        there are many missing pieces.

        I would be happy to work with you on this family and allied families.

        Do you know which GA county William GODWIN received bounty land?

        Glenda Sue Wison Vize
        dubsampler@...

        --- In godwinresearch@yahoogroups.com, Brenduff wrote:
        William is thought to have been a soldier during the Revoltionary War
        and recieved bounty land in GA.

        William and Pheriby did live in Georgia for a time as all of their
        children were born there.

        This family was in Conecuh Co.,AL by 1820. Any help appreciated.
        Willing to share.