Hertford County Mail List

  • axer1999
    Message 1 of 28 , May 1 4:13 PM
    • rbranton_98
      Message 2 of 28 , May 6 4:19 PM
      • jengod
        Message 3 of 28 , May 28 11:03 PM
          RESEARCH<br>Includes all the following links, all the information
          you'd ever need on<br>the mailing list and archives,
          famous Godwins, famous places, links to
          the<br>GenConnect boards and links to several other online Godwin
          origin, distribution and some common and familiar
          descriptions of Godwin brick
          helpful Godwin-related genealogy and history
          books,<br>articles and more.
        • axer1999
          Message 4 of 28 , May 30 1:10 PM
            If you are not a member already, Don't miss out
            on the Godwin Mail List hosted by Rootsweb and owned
            by Jennifer Godwin! It is one of the best resources
            for Godwin information on the Internet. It has over
            150 of the best members in the bussiness. And
            rightfully so, it is the first link posted at this club to
            your left under LINKS.<br>Try it, you will be glad you
            did!
          • axer1999
            Message 5 of 28 , May 30 1:14 PM
              Members and Visitors alike! If you need
              assistance with anything at the club,(i.e.<br>how to post
              photos, how to join, how to post<br>anything or use
              anything here) Please do not be shy! Mail me at
              axer1999@... and I will help you any way I can.
            • LoriGodwin
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 1, 1999
                Hi,<br><br>I just visited the library today and
                saw an early Nathan Godwin in Edgefield, SC in deed
                records. Seems like the timeframe was early 1800's which
                is probably too soon for your Nathan.<br><br>Lori
                Godwin<br>GodwinGA@...
              • ninekids_99
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 29, 1999
                  Thanks Lori!<br> Here is a little update on this
                  family:<br>Nathan GODWIN b. 1807 in NC, d.1867 Lowndes
                  Co.,AL.Married:Lorena HUDSON abt.1835 in Orangeburg,SC(I would love to
                  find the marriage listing etc.)Children:Johnathan
                  b.1832 in
                  NC;Fannie;John;Joel;Mary;Henry;Nancy;Enoch;David; Nathan Jr.;Lorena;George;Elizabeth.I don't know
                  if any children were born in AL). Linda
                  bborstop@...
                • axer1999
                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 9, 1999
                    www.rootsweb.com has a new home page. It has many
                    more easy to use links than before. If you haven't
                    visited in a while, stop by and take a look around. You
                    may find some useful links you didn't know about
                    before!
                  • jengod
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 3, 2000
                      Always looking for any GODWIN family members in Maine and the Midwestern United States. Your help is much appreciated!<br><br>~jen
                    • jengod
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 3, 2000
                      • jengod
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 3, 2000
                        • agodwin563
                          Message 12 of 28 , Aug 16, 2000
                          • drjs_mom
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 29, 2000
                              I am looking for more information on Jonathan
                              Dorn Godwin as he married into the Davis family, which
                              happened to marry into the "Folts" family. If anyone has
                              any information or pictures, I would like to share
                              what I have of him.<br>Thank you!
                            • joe_dinah
                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 1, 2001
                                Looking for any info on Benjiman & Catherine (Savage) Godwin also Bluford & Maggie (Thomas)Godwin only info so for is from Coffee Co. AL.<br>Thanks,Joe
                              • dennis_joanie
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jul 8, 2001
                                  James Godwin and Mary Parker (born about 1695 - 97) are my 6th great grandparents.<br><br>I'm glad I finally found this club!
                                • dgodwin45
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Aug 31, 2001
                                    Searching for Alan Godwin believed born in
                                    Maryland. Married Nancy Greenwood in Daviess County,
                                    Indiana on Spt 15, 1825. He died about 1834. Probate
                                    records have spelling of last name as Godden. Widow
                                    married Peter Burris on June 2, 1836. Would like
                                    information of his parents.
                                  • Glenda Sue Vize
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 4, 2003
                                      I am researching this family. I have some information on them, but
                                      there are many missing pieces.

                                      I would be happy to work with you on this family and allied families.

                                      Do you know which GA county William GODWIN received bounty land?

                                      Glenda Sue Wison Vize
                                      dubsampler@...

                                      --- In godwinresearch@yahoogroups.com, Brenduff wrote:
                                      William is thought to have been a soldier during the Revoltionary War
                                      and recieved bounty land in GA.

                                      William and Pheriby did live in Georgia for a time as all of their
                                      children were born there.

                                      This family was in Conecuh Co.,AL by 1820. Any help appreciated.
                                      Willing to share.