Godwin Research

  • axer1999
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 12, 1999
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for Godwin Research community.
    • axer1999
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 12, 1999
      • jengod
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 12, 1999
        • tarsingle
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 15, 1999
          • Brenduff
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 19, 1999
            • _CherylW
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 23, 1999
              • Cuttawhisky
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 26, 1999
                • lleathley
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 29, 1999
                  • ninekids_99
                    Message 9 of 28 , Apr 1, 1999
                    • wggodwin
                      Message 10 of 28 , Apr 22, 1999
                      • wggodwin
                        Message 11 of 28 , Apr 22, 1999
                        • axer1999
                          Message 12 of 28 , May 1, 1999
                          • rbranton_98
                            Message 13 of 28 , May 6, 1999
                            • jengod
                              Message 14 of 28 , May 28, 1999
                                RESEARCH<br>Includes all the following links, all the information
                                you'd ever need on<br>the mailing list and archives,
                                famous Godwins, famous places, links to
                                the<br>GenConnect boards and links to several other online Godwin
                                origin, distribution and some common and familiar
                                descriptions of Godwin brick
                                helpful Godwin-related genealogy and history
                                books,<br>articles and more.
                              • axer1999
                                Message 15 of 28 , May 30, 1999
                                  If you are not a member already, Don't miss out
                                  on the Godwin Mail List hosted by Rootsweb and owned
                                  by Jennifer Godwin! It is one of the best resources
                                  for Godwin information on the Internet. It has over
                                  150 of the best members in the bussiness. And
                                  rightfully so, it is the first link posted at this club to
                                  your left under LINKS.<br>Try it, you will be glad you
                                  did!
                                • axer1999
                                  Message 16 of 28 , May 30, 1999
                                    Members and Visitors alike! If you need
                                    assistance with anything at the club,(i.e.<br>how to post
                                    photos, how to join, how to post<br>anything or use
                                    anything here) Please do not be shy! Mail me at
                                    axer1999@... and I will help you any way I can.
                                  • LoriGodwin
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jul 1, 1999
                                      Hi,<br><br>I just visited the library today and
                                      saw an early Nathan Godwin in Edgefield, SC in deed
                                      records. Seems like the timeframe was early 1800's which
                                      is probably too soon for your Nathan.<br><br>Lori
                                      Godwin<br>GodwinGA@...
                                    • ninekids_99
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jul 29, 1999
                                        Thanks Lori!<br> Here is a little update on this
                                        family:<br>Nathan GODWIN b. 1807 in NC, d.1867 Lowndes
                                        Co.,AL.Married:Lorena HUDSON abt.1835 in Orangeburg,SC(I would love to
                                        find the marriage listing etc.)Children:Johnathan
                                        b.1832 in
                                        NC;Fannie;John;Joel;Mary;Henry;Nancy;Enoch;David; Nathan Jr.;Lorena;George;Elizabeth.I don't know
                                        if any children were born in AL). Linda
                                        bborstop@...
                                      • axer1999
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 9, 1999
                                          www.rootsweb.com has a new home page. It has many
                                          more easy to use links than before. If you haven't
                                          visited in a while, stop by and take a look around. You
                                          may find some useful links you didn't know about
                                          before!
                                        • jengod
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 3, 2000
                                            Always looking for any GODWIN family members in Maine and the Midwestern United States. Your help is much appreciated!<br><br>~jen
                                          • jengod
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jan 3, 2000
                                            • jengod
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jan 3, 2000
                                              • agodwin563
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Aug 16, 2000
                                                • drjs_mom
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Nov 29, 2000
                                                    I am looking for more information on Jonathan
                                                    Dorn Godwin as he married into the Davis family, which
                                                    happened to marry into the "Folts" family. If anyone has
                                                    any information or pictures, I would like to share
                                                    what I have of him.<br>Thank you!
                                                  • joe_dinah
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Mar 1, 2001
                                                      Looking for any info on Benjiman & Catherine (Savage) Godwin also Bluford & Maggie (Thomas)Godwin only info so for is from Coffee Co. AL.<br>Thanks,Joe
                                                    • dennis_joanie
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jul 8, 2001
                                                        James Godwin and Mary Parker (born about 1695 - 97) are my 6th great grandparents.<br><br>I'm glad I finally found this club!
                                                      • dgodwin45
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Aug 31, 2001
                                                          Searching for Alan Godwin believed born in
                                                          Maryland. Married Nancy Greenwood in Daviess County,
                                                          Indiana on Spt 15, 1825. He died about 1834. Probate
                                                          records have spelling of last name as Godden. Widow
                                                          married Peter Burris on June 2, 1836. Would like
                                                          information of his parents.
                                                        • Glenda Sue Vize
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Sep 4, 2003
                                                            I am researching this family. I have some information on them, but
                                                            there are many missing pieces.

                                                            I would be happy to work with you on this family and allied families.

                                                            Do you know which GA county William GODWIN received bounty land?

                                                            Glenda Sue Wison Vize
                                                            dubsampler@...

                                                            --- In godwinresearch@yahoogroups.com, Brenduff wrote:
                                                            William is thought to have been a soldier during the Revoltionary War
                                                            and recieved bounty land in GA.

                                                            William and Pheriby did live in Georgia for a time as all of their
                                                            children were born there.

                                                            This family was in Conecuh Co.,AL by 1820. Any help appreciated.
                                                            Willing to share.