ISO8601 date/times

  • Thomas Beale
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2006
      Dear all,

      I built some ISO8601 date/time classes, and some initial test cases. If
      anyone wants to use this material for Gobo, you are welcome. The classes
      are directly visible here:

      http://my.openehr.org/wsvn/ref_impl_eiffel/TRUNK/libraries/common_libs/src/date_time/?rev=0&sc=0

      Also, there are lexer patterns visible in
      http://my.openehr.org/wsvn/ref_impl_eiffel/TRUNK/libraries/common_libs/src/structures/syntax/dadl/parser/dadl_scanner.l?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

      I took the idea of cached results of validation routines from (I think)
      Colin's code that I found in gobo34 release. The code is not by any
      means beautiful, and I am not generally into hand-built parsers, but it
      seemed a better way for this than the usual gelex/geyacc approach....

      If you want to download the code and run the tests, check out the
      subversion repository TRUNK - see instructions at
      http://svn.openehr.org/ref_impl_eiffel/TRUNK/project_page.htm . Note the
      developer instructions down the page. Currently this will probably only
      work out of the box on Windows, but I think only new Ace files should be
      needed for the Mac and Linux.

      If you don't want to use Subversion, you can probably just pull the tgz
      of the TRUNK visible at http://my.openehr.org/wsvn/ref_impl_eiffel/?sc=0
      - haven't tried this but I don't see why it wouldn't work. You will
      still need to set an OPENEHR environment variable.

      To run the tests, the test application is in the path
      $OPENEHR\ref_impl_eiffel\libraries\common_libs\test\app ; the date/time
      tests are the 6th set of tests. Yes, I know, the testing framework is
      archaic....Peter Gummer is getting me up to speed on all the nicer ones
      out there, and we will incorporate them when we have a chance...

      - thomas beale

      CTO Ocean Informatics (http://www.OceanInformatics.biz)
      Research Fellow, University College London (http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk)
      Chair Architectural Review Board, openEHR (http://www.openEHR.org)