tent rentals, setup and luggage transport

  • ribpaul@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2012
      To have a GOBA week experience with less stress & fussin and just more fun relaxing:

      - Are there any clubs/individuals/organizations that offer tent rental services including setup and take down every day, even in the rain?

      - How about transporting luggage?
    • mrwwrm1
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2012
        There are some clubs that "car camp" as a group and carry their own bags. There are not tent rental or sherpa services on GOBA.

        --- In gobagroup@yahoogroups.com, "ribpaul@..." <ribpaul@...> wrote:

        > To have a GOBA week experience with less stress & fussin and just more fun relaxing:
        >
        > - Are there any clubs/individuals/organizations that offer tent rental services including setup and take down every day, even in the rain?
        >
        > - How about transporting luggage?

      • Reynolds, Kevin
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2012
          At some, but not all, locations, there are local groups that will haul
          your gear to and from campsite and luggage truck for a small donation,
          mornings and evenings.

          I have heard that some of the early arrivers on the team trucks will
          unload and set up tents for members as a courtesy and out of boredom.

          I also bet that if you advertised on the GOBA bulletin board in camp
          that you were a person wanting the hire a sherpa for a week at a
          reasonable wage, you might have a bunch of young racer types who would
          jump at the chance to have someone help pay their way.

          Kevin Reynolds

          Cincinnati, Ohio