RE: [goamusician] Hindustani classical music programme at Latur

  • Chris Vaz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2008

      I think we should persuade Rajan Parrikar  to be a part of this group.

      I understand he is an authority on Indian classical music…

      Panjim, July 24, 2008

      The Directorate of Art & Culture, Government of Goa have organized a
      "Hindustani Classical Music Programme" in joint collaboration with
      "Saraswati Sangeet Kala Mahavidyalaya" Latur – Maharashtra on 26th &
      27th July 2008 at Latur-Maharashtra. The renowned young & Senior Goan
      artists in the field of Indian Classical Music who are well conversant
      with art of vocal, percussion and non percussion instruments will be
      performing in this programme. To promote the Indian Classical music in
      Goa , the department of Art and Culture is organizing such Indian
      Classical Music and Dance festivals/Programme s, injoint collaboration
      with other institutions outside the state. The artistes who will be
      participating at this festival comprise Shri Ulhas Velingkar (Tabla
      Solo), Smt. Shilpa Duble (Vocal), Shri Rupesh Gawas (Vocal), Shri
      Nilesh Shinde (Vocal), Shri Sunil Kerkar (Vocal) and Shri Sadanand
      Amonkar (Sitar recital). The accompanists are Shri Nitin Korgaonkar
      (Tabla), Shri Shivram alias Amar Mopkara (Tabla/Nagma) , Shri Rohit
      patekar (Tabla), Shri Vithal Khandolkar (Harmonium) and Shri Dilip
      Gadekar (Harmonium).
      --
      FN * Independent Journalist http://fn.goa- india.org
      Ph +91-832-2409490 http://en.wikipedia ..org/wiki/ Portal:Goa