Bull’s eye–MondayMuse (5 Dec’11)

  • Pravin Sabnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2011
      MONDAY MUSE (5 December 2011)

      BULL’S EYE

      There is a story of the FBI being called into a small town to investigate what appeared to be the work of a skilled sharpshooter. All over town, many bull’s-eyes had bullets that had penetrated the exact centre of the targets. When the investigators finally found the man behind the shooting, they asked him how he had been able to shoot with such accuracy. His answer was simple: First he shot the bullet, and then he drew the bull’s-eye around where it had hit.

      Often, the temptation is to rationalize our lives in such a way that no matter what we do, we flatter ourselves that it’s okay. Instead of living our lives with precision and clarity of focus, we chose a delusory approach to living. We choose to construct a self-laudatory Bull’s Eye around our aimless or wayward attempts.

      When we position the target around our result, we deceive not only others... we deceive ourselves. Surely it would be better if goals are pre-determined and pre-declared. The Bull’s Eye must be identified before the actions, to hit
      target, are unleashed. Otherwise, we will be diverted from the attitude and approach to hit the real Bull’s Eye!

      to BE BETTER at the Bull’s Eye game...
      first set up target and then take aim!

      - Pravin K. Sabnis
      Goa, India.

      PRAVIN SABNIS conducts UNLEARNING UNLIMITED workshops for corporate & other teams.
      Since 2004, he regularly writes MONDAY MUSE.  Earlier it was inspired by JCI-India’s National President’s theme: Touch To Transform (2004), We Are The Future (2005), Speak Through Action (2006), Develop New Dimensions (2007). Since 2008, MONDAY MUSE revolves around the JCI theme – BE BETTER.

      ---- Pravin K. Sabnis
      visit: www.unlearningunlimited.blogspot.com
      www.poems-pravinsabnis.blogspot.com
      www.monday-muse.blogspot.com