TIMES OF INDIA: Holy Jesus! Did da Vinci fake the Turin shroud?

  • Mr. Milroy Goes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2009
      Holy Jesus! Did da Vinci fake the Turin shroud?
      2 Jul 2009, 0154 hrs IST, AGENCIES

      (
      http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/UK/Holy-Jesus-Did-da-Vinci-fake-the-Turin-shroud/articleshow/4726604.cms
      )
      http://www.leonardo-da-vinci-biography.com/

      <http://www.leonardo-da-vinci-biography.com/>LONDON: The famous Turin Shroud
      has been regarded by generations of believers as the face of crucified Jesus
      who was wrapped in it. But, now a

      new study has claimed that painter-inventor Leonardo da Vinci faked it.

      According to the study, the Renaissance artist created the artefact by using
      pioneering photographic techniques and a sculpture of his own head — in
      fact, it suggests the image on the relic is da Vinci’s face which could have
      been projected onto the cloth, the Daily Telegraph reported.

      US graphic artist Lillian Schwartz of School of Visual Arts in New York, and
      came to prominence in the 1980s when she matched the face of the Mona Lisa
      to a Leonardo self-portrait, used computer scans to show that the face on
      the Shroud has the same dimensions as that of da Vinci.

      “It matched. I’m excited about this. There is no doubt in my mind that the
      proportions that Leonardo wrote about were used in creating this Shroud’s
      face,” he was quoted as saying.

      The claims are made in a TV documentary that describes how da Vinci could
      have sc-orched his facial features on to the linen using sculpture of his
      and face and camera obscura, an early photographic device.

      The programme says the fabric could have been hung over a frame in a
      blacked-out room and coated with silver sulphate, a substance readily
      available in 15th century Italy which would have made it light-sensitive.
      When the sun’s rays passed through a lens in one of the walls, da Vinci’s
      facial sha-pe and features would have be-en projected on the material,
      creating a permanent image.

      Radiocarbon dating in 1988 showed the cloth was made between 1260 and 1390.
      The programme explains the theory that da Vinci’s forgery was commissioned
      to replace an earlier version that was exposed as a poor fake.

      *WHO IS DA VINCI?*
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci

      Jesus never appeared to Da Vinci, so how can he draw the Son of GOD?Jesus
      never wanted his believers (Christians) to break the commandments of GOD.

      *TEN COMMANDMENTS*
      (Exodus 20:2-17)
      1 - I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of
      the house of slavery;

      Do not have any other gods before me.

      2 - *You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of
      anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that
      is in the water under the earth.*

      You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am
      a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third
      and the fourth generation of those who reject me,

      but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love
      me and keep my commandments.

      3 - You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for
      the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

      4 - Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.

      For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

      But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any
      work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your
      livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

      For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in
      them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day
      and consecrated it.

      5 - Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the
      land that the Lord your God is giving you.

      6 - You shall not murder.

      7 - You shall not commit adultery.

      8 - You shall not steal.

      9 - You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

      10 - You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your
      neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that
      belongs to your neighbor.
      *
      *
      *THINK AGAIN!*
      *
      *
      Jesus said: "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in
      spirit and in truth. John 4:24"

      Jesus also said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one come to the
      Father (GOD) except through Me - John 14:6"
      *
      *
      *so definitely there is no other mediator between GOD and MAN, than only
      JESUS.*

      *Jesus never said worship God in form of idol or image nor did he said
      worship me in image. Nowhere in the bible it is mentioned. If there
      any scripture say's worship GOD in form of image, please reply my mail.*

      "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter the kingdom of
      Heaven. But he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. - MATTHEW 7:21"

      *So for sure the Will of GOD is not to worship idols, that what is it?? Read
      Bible and follow. to be called Follower of Christ. (CHRISTIAN) Believers,
      will be baptized in the Name of the Father , Son and the Holy Spirit.*
      *
      *
      *(It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.) - Acts
      11(Holy Bible)*

      *Mark **16:16 *He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who
      does not believe will be condemned.

      *Matt. 28:19 *Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing
      them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

      *To believe, one has to understand the Gospel, To repent, one has to be big
      enough. Not as small as Baby. There is not Baby baptism in the Bible.*
      *
      *
      Ref: www.bible.cc
      http://www.mypreachingpen.com/files/baptism.htm