Re: [gnubies-il] OpenOffice - the message I get

  • Diego Iastrubni
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2002
      On Friday 07 June 2002 17:11, Haim Ravia wrote:
      > ... is found in the attached file.
      >
      > thx again

      delete OpenOffice.org1.0 fir in home, and ~/.sversionrc.
      and then rerun open office.

      a tip: to copy text, select it with the left mouse button, and paste it using
      the middle button of the mouse. Workd on most X progarsm (gtk, qt, motif,
      mozilla etc).

      - diego

      --
      It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth
      have both failed.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2002
        ... is found in the attached file.

        thx again

        --
        Haim Ravia (on Red Hat Linux 7.3)
        Web: http://www.law.co.il
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2002
          Now when I try to run the program it runs the installation process again - and
          I receive error messages ("no resources: error message not avilable.
          Function: Language Select Line 6" and than "an error occured while copying
          the file libgcc_5.50.1 to /home/username/OpenOffice.org1.0/program". This
          makes it impossible to continue the new installation.

          Also, I noticed that when I boot the Linux and when I open the console, the
          program tries to install OpenOffice. This is the full message received:

          "Runing OpenOffice Setup
          Cannot conect to X server
          Setup failes...Abort".

          How can I make Linux stop trying to install OpenOffice and amend the prvious
          installation?