Dumb terminal connection to serial port

  • Barry Skidmore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      As part of my projects with "retro-computing" I would like to interface an old
      Commodore C128 computer to my Red Hat Linux machine so that it has access to a
      shell account.

      I know that I need to use a null modem cable to do this, but do not know how
      or if it is possible to configure the serial port to provide shell access when
      it detects a connection from the C128, for example a carriage return.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Barry