installation disk

  • Idan Dolev
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2002
      hi,

      I have 2.2.17 redhat installed.
      I want to create an installation disk with the current kernel.
      If I do dd=boot.img of=/mnt/floppy, it will create an installation floppy
      with kernel 2.2.14.
      So I took my current bzImage file and tried to copy it into the floppy and
      replace the vmlinuz file.
      Can I do this ? can I rename bzImage to Vmlinuz file ? I do not have enough
      space in my floppy so I am trimming down the kernel.

      Best regards,

      Idan Dolev