lilo boot problame

  • oren sharoni
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2001
      hi,
      I have mandrake 7.0 on my computer
      it is a P-III 800Mhz with 128MB SDRM
      and a 20G hard drive in the first time I installed Linux
      it said that lilo can not be installed since it is over the 1024
      block something I had to uninstall it and then reinstall
      and make a boot disk
      I have asked around and found out that a new lilo version in available and
      can boot large hard drives I downloaded it ask around again learned to
      install
      RPMS now I have it installed on my computer and it doesn't boot
      how do I configure it is asking for a Kernel image file and a boot drive
      and many more
      things I don't know I'm new at this I also have win98 installed on this
      computer
      ho do I add this to lilo so in boot I can pick the system I want

      thx Oren
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2001
        If you have the new LILO installed, type "/sbin/lilo" to update the boot
        loader. I personally use loadlin which is a DOS program that can boot
        Linux, but I suggest you stick with LILO unless you have a motivation to
        do otherwise.

        I believe LILO has a HOWTO or mini-HOWTO.

        Home E-mail: shlomif@...

        The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of
        converting any statement that follows it into a true one.