Computer does not work in Idle mode after installing RedHat 7.2

  • David Carmeli
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2001

      Hi all

      I have an AMD based sytem with Asus A7V133 MB with 1005FXD bios.
      Normally, in win98se, this configuaration detects cpu idle state and reduce temperature for 39deg (While full load is around 50 deg)

      After insalling RedHat 7.2 with Grub bootloader, CPU never gets to Idle state any more. When I boot into windows, the temp is always 50 deg, even if no prgrams are running.

      Seems like the bootloader had spoiled somthing, but I have no Idea what.

      Please let me know if you have any Idea.

      Dedy Carmeli