Trying to print to "OKIPAGE 8w Lite" lazer printer

  • Elchanan Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2001
      Hi,

      I have a lazer printer of the type mentioned in the subject.

      I wish to know if it is possible to print using linux and this printer,
      and how.

      I have:
      RH7.2

      I am using KDE2.1.1 Desktop.

      You are welcome to point me to any required RTFM.

      Thsnks in advance,

      Elchanan.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2001
        On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Elchanan Sharon wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a lazer printer of the type mentioned in the subject.
        >
        > I wish to know if it is possible to printusing linux and this printer,
        > and how.
        >
        > I have:
        > RH7.2
        >
        > I am using KDE2.1.1Desktop.
        >
        > You are welcome to point me to any required RTFM.

        http://linuxprinting.org/

        Gives: http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=295273

        You'll also find there links to the Priniting HOWTO, but you'll also
        find it in any mirror of http://linuxdoc.org (incuding
        http://linux.org.il/LDP )

        Anyway, RedHat uses lprng as their printing system.