web browser for Linux with hebrew sites support

  • yar d
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2001
      Hello,
      Does anyone know a web browser for Linux that as good support for hebrew
      sites ?
      Im using Linux Mandrake 8.0 and KDE and the Konquerer browser works fine
      only
      with some sites (like MSN for example) but on most sites there are all
      sorts of problems.
      I tried Mozila which is even worst and netscape who doesn't support hebrew
      at all.
      Any thoughts anyone ?
      Thanks

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2001
        On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, yar d wrote:

        > Hello,
        > Does anyone know a web browser for Linux that as good support for hebrew
        > sites ?
        > Im using Linux Mandrake 8.0 and KDE and the Konquerer browser works fine
        > only
        > with some sites (like MSN for example)but on most sites there are all
        > sorts of problems.
        > I tried Mozila which is even worst and netscape who doesn't support hebrew
        > at all.

        Mandrake 8.0 comes with a version of Mozilla that does not support Hebrew.
        Later versions of Mozilla (>= 0.9.1) , netscape ()=6.1) and versions of
        Galeon, Nautilus or SkipStone that use this version of Mozilla will handle
        Hebrew well.

        I personally rebuilt the SRPM from cooker. I currently still use
        mozilla 0.9.4 , and it generally works just fine.

        Try using RPMs frm 8.1 or from Cooker, or (if you get into dependencies
        mess because of libstdc++ incompatibilities) either rebuild the SRPM or
        download a build from mozilla.org.

      • yar d
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2001
          Hello again,
          I downloaded a RPM from the cooker like you suggested but got the following
          error:

          [root@localhost Linux_Downloads]# rpm -U mozilla-0.9.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
          error: failed dependencies:
          libnspr4 is needed by mozilla-0.9.5-1mdk
          libnss3 is needed by mozilla-0.9.5-1mdk
          libnspr4.so is needed by mozilla-0.9.5-1mdk
          libplc4.so is needed by mozilla-0.9.5-1mdk
          libplds4.so is needed by mozilla-0.9.5-1mdk
          libpng.so.3 is needed by mozilla-0.9.5-1mdk
          mozilla = 0.8 is needed by mozilla-mail-0.8-7mdk
          mozilla = 0.8 is needed by mozilla-irc-0.8-7mdk
          libmsgbaseutil.so is needed by mozilla-mail-0.8-7mdk
          libnspr4.so is needed by galeon-0.10.2-3mdk
          libnspr4.so is needed by mozilla-mail-0.8-7mdk
          libnspr4.so is needed by nautilus-mozilla-1.0.1.1-5mdk
          libplc4.so is needed by galeon-0.10.2-3mdk
          libplc4.so is needed by mozilla-mail-0.8-7mdk
          libplc4.so is needed by nautilus-mozilla-1.0.1.1-5mdk
          libplds4.so is needed by galeon-0.10.2-3mdk
          libplds4.so is needed by mozilla-mail-0.8-7mdk
          libplds4.so is needed by nautilus-mozilla-1.0.1.1-5mdk

          As I understand I need to get a SRPM and compile the sources myself.
          Am I right ? and if yes can you tell me where i can get it (a URL that is)?
          and how do
          I compile it ?

          Again many thanks for the help.