configuring postfix question

  • rainland.co.il
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2001
      Hi,

      I am using postfix on my server at work and I want to know how to configure it for a specific configuration.
      I tried to configure what I understood from the help inside the conf files, but it doesn't work.

      what i want to do is configure it with two domains (let's say dom1.com and dom2.com) with seperate users, and the most important part is that when an email arrives to an unknown user at let's say dom2.com, the reply email from postfix should originate at dom2.com and not dom1.com (like it does now)...

      here are some specs about the system:
      redhat 7
      postfix 20001217-8
      hostname dom1.com
      dom1.com and dom2.com MX records point to the dom1.com IP which is where postfix is running

      i configured postfix to know about the two domains and to accept emails for both by declarign them in mydestinations directive in main.cf

      what else should i be doing?
      any advise would be greatly appriciated!
      thanks!!!

      Roi.

    • Boaz Rymland
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2001
        RE: [gnubies-il] configuring postfix question

        I've only slightly admin'd a postfix server in the past, which I wouldn't even count, but It might be helpful for you to know that postfix has not only extensive inline config files documentation, but also online docs. TAU (Tel Aviv Univ') site has (or had) a mirror of postfix site, including those documents.

        Boaz.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor