Re: [gnubies-il] Hebrew keyboard

  • Chaim Seymour
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2011
      שלום רב

      העברית היא תוצאה של פקודה:

       setxkbmap -option compose:ralt,grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll  -variant ,lyx us,il

      בשורה  אחת. עד כאן טוב

      בברכת שנה טובה

      חיים

      On 23 September 2011 17:35, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@...> wrote:

      Hi Chaim,

      On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:01:59 +0300

      Chaim Seymour <chaim.seymour@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I followed your advice to see if the file works. The 'cat' command
      > reproduced the file, but I still don't have Hebrew.

      Does this command work for the current session (in a terminal)?

      setxkbmap $(cat .Xkbmap)

      > I assume that I am doing something stupid and the whole thing is something
      > minor.
      >
      > I tried the Google virtual keyboard and it works beautifully. The pity is
      > that it can't be used on other applications
      >
      > shabbat shalom

      Shabbath Shalom and Shanah Tovah.

      > Chaim

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      "Star Trek: We, the Living Dead" - http://shlom.in/st-wtld

      There is no IGLU Cabal! Home‐made Cabals eventually superseded the power and
      influence of the original IGLU Cabal, which was considered a cutting edge
      development at its time.

      Chaim Seymour
      David Elazar 8
      Givat Shemuel 54032