Re: [gnubies-il] Windows 7 and ubuntu 10.04 installtion

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2011
      Hi Noa,

      On Monday 21 Feb 2011 11:07:12 noa78@... wrote:
      > I have Windows 7 on my laptop, I tried to install Ubuntu 10.04 side by
      > side, when I choose Ubuntu from the start menu everything works fine, but
      > when I choose and start Windows and do restart or shut down the laptop
      > does not find any operation system and can't start, (I think the grub is
      > corrupted by windows) It has happened a few times.
      > Does anyone know this problem?

      What is written on the laptop's screen when Win7 attempts to boot? I think we
      need more details.

      Finally, I should note that you may have better like asking that on
      http://www.iglu.org.il/mailing-lists/linux-il.html or on the whatsup.org.il
      forums. Note that Linux-IL should be OK with newbie discussions now.