Windows 7 and ubuntu 10.04 installtion

  • noa78@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2011
      I have Windows 7 on my laptop, I tried to install Ubuntu 10.04 side by side, when I choose Ubuntu from the start menu everything works fine, but when I choose and start Windows and do restart or shut down the laptop does not find any operation system and can't start, (I think the grub is corrupted by windows)
      It has happened a few times.
      Does anyone know this problem?
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2011
        Hi Noa,

        On Monday 21 Feb 2011 11:07:12 noa78@... wrote:
        > I have Windows 7 on my laptop, I tried to install Ubuntu 10.04 side by
        > side, when I choose Ubuntu from the start menu everything works fine, but
        > when I choose and start Windows and do restart or shut down the laptop
        > does not find any operation system and can't start, (I think the grub is
        > corrupted by windows) It has happened a few times.
        > Does anyone know this problem?

        What is written on the laptop's screen when Win7 attempts to boot? I think we
        need more details.

        Finally, I should note that you may have better like asking that on
        http://www.iglu.org.il/mailing-lists/linux-il.html or on the whatsup.org.il
        forums. Note that Linux-IL should be OK with newbie discussions now.