Re: [gnubies-il] How to configure wireless connection on IBM T43 - CentOS

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
      On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 08:57:55PM -0000, jangler_lc wrote:
      > I just installed CentOS on my T43

      CentOS 5 (5.x) I suppose, right?

      > I update it with all the packages (yum update).
      > I need to know how to enable the wireless connection. It seems like impossible job to do :(...
      >
      > wireless version (this is what I got from : /sbin/lspci)
      > 04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

      The kernel includes drivers for this device, but sadly Intel has decided
      to make the firmware for them not freely distributable. This complicates
      things.

      http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless#head-7120b8469149d0d562a134fd201f3af4bbf45048

      (result of a quick search. Haven't tried it myself)

      --
      Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir@... | VIM is
      http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010