Re: [gnubies-il] How to configure wireless connection on IBM T43 - CentOS

  • Hagai Hadad
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 10:10 PM
      which Linux version are u using ?
      I'm an Ubuntu user and there is no need for me to configure the wireless. It works out of the Box (IBM Thinkpad T41 - a little older then yours ...).

      On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:57 PM, jangler_lc <jangler_lc@...> wrote:

      I just installed CentOS on my T43
      I update it with all the packages (yum update).
      I need to know how to enable the wireless connection. It seems like impossible job to do :(...

      wireless version (this is what I got from : /sbin/lspci)
      04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 10:36 PM
        On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 08:57:55PM -0000, jangler_lc wrote:
        > I just installed CentOS on my T43

        CentOS 5 (5.x) I suppose, right?

        > I update it with all the packages (yum update).
        > I need to know how to enable the wireless connection. It seems like impossible job to do :(...
        >
        > wireless version (this is what I got from : /sbin/lspci)
        > 04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

        The kernel includes drivers for this device, but sadly Intel has decided
        to make the firmware for them not freely distributable. This complicates
        things.

        http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless#head-7120b8469149d0d562a134fd201f3af4bbf45048

        (result of a quick search. Haven't tried it myself)

        --
        Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir@... | VIM is
        http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 10:49 PM