How to configure wireless connection on IBM T43 - CentOS

  • jangler_lc
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
      I just installed CentOS on my T43
      I update it with all the packages (yum update).
      I need to know how to enable the wireless connection. It seems like impossible job to do :(...

      wireless version (this is what I got from : /sbin/lspci)
      04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

      Thanks
    • Hagai Hadad

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
          On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 08:57:55PM -0000, jangler_lc wrote:
          > I just installed CentOS on my T43

          CentOS 5 (5.x) I suppose, right?

          > I update it with all the packages (yum update).
          > I need to know how to enable the wireless connection. It seems like impossible job to do :(...
          >
          > wireless version (this is what I got from : /sbin/lspci)
          > 04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

          The kernel includes drivers for this device, but sadly Intel has decided
          to make the firmware for them not freely distributable. This complicates
          things.

          http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless#head-7120b8469149d0d562a134fd201f3af4bbf45048

          (result of a quick search. Haven't tried it myself)

          --
          Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir@... | VIM is
          http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010