Newbie - installing linux on an old laptop

  • naftali_kirsh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
      Hi,

      I'm new at this group.

      I have an old (P3 120MB memory) laptop, which has no CD drive, and no Internet connection. The file system is NTFS
      Is there a aimple way to install linux on this machine? the main usage will be programming and maybe word-proccessing.

      Thank you

      Naftali
    • Geoff Shang
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
        On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, naftali_kirsh wrote:

        > I have an old (P3 120MB memory) laptop, which has no CD drive, and no
        > Internet connection. The file system is NTFS Is there a aimple way to
        > install linux on this machine? the main usage will be programming and
        > maybe word-proccessing.

        What *does* it have? Can you boot from say USB?

        Geoff.