Re: hard disk crash

  • baum_j
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9 10:16 AM
      I honestly don't know how did Ehud became Tomer...
      Maybe it's because I am sitting next to one right now.
      In any case, the response was directed at Ehud.

      --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, David <baum_j@...> wrote:

      > Well Tomer, ....
    • Ehud Reshef
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 9 10:39 AM
        You could assume I tried this before...
        Also looked at multi other forums, which suggested to look at

        fdisk -l
        blkid
          and
        /etc/fstab

        none worked

        what did work was working on the BIOS ...

        I honestly don't know how did Ehud became Tomer...
        Maybe it's because I am sitting next to one right now.
        In any case, the response was directed at Ehud.

        --- In gnubies-il@yahoogro ups.com, David <baum_j@...> wrote:

        > Well Tomer, ....

      • Shimon Lebowitz

          I honestly don't know how did Ehud became Tomer...
          Maybe it's because I am sitting next to one right now.
          In any case, the response was directed at Ehud.

          --- In gnubies-il@yahoogro ups.com, David <baum_j@...> wrote:

          > Well Tomer, ....

        • Ehud Reshef
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10 12:12 AM
            Went to a computer store - they reconfigured my BIOS to once more acknowledge I do have a secondary hard-disk
            Once BIOS was back to the right configuration - everything worked

            Ehud

            I honestly don't know how did Ehud became Tomer...
            Maybe it's because I am sitting next to one right now.
            In any case, the response was directed at Ehud.

            --- In gnubies-il@yahoogro ups.com, David <baum_j@...> wrote:

            > Well Tomer, ....

          • Shimon Lebowitz
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 10 1:23 AM
              Ouch!! Did they just go into the setup and tell it to "autodetect" the hard drives?
              I hope they didn't charge you more than a few grush for that!

              Thank you for the explanation.
              Shimon

              On 8/10/09, Ehud Reshef <ehud_reshef@...> wrote:

              Went to a computer store - they reconfigured my BIOS to once more acknowledge I do have a secondary hard-disk
              Once BIOS was back to the right configuration - everything worked

              Ehud

              I honestly don't know how did Ehud became Tomer...
              Maybe it's because I am sitting next to one right now.
              In any case, the response was directed at Ehud.

              --- In gnubies-il@yahoogro ups.com, David <baum_j@...> wrote:

              > Well Tomer, ....

            • Ehud Reshef
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 10 1:41 AM
                1. Free service
                2. much more complicated - I did try the BIOS myself - had to change the P/SATA setup in the advanced section