Re: [gnubies-il] live CD does not connect to Internet

  • Shimon Lebowitz
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2008
      You asked:
      > What device is it, exactly?

      I assume you mean the NIC:

      Identification
      Vendor: ‎Marvell Semiconductor Inc.

      Media class: ‎NETWORK_ETHERNET
      (This info taken from PClinuxOS HardDrake)

      > network.dns.disableIPv6
      In Mepis I found this set as True. Changing it to False had no noticable effect.
      BTW, in my PClinuxOS which does work, it is set as false.

      > This is a workaround for a buggy DNS server on the router.
      I did not understand that. The router runs a DHCP server for my PC,
      and gives me the IP addresses of the DNS servers it got from my ISP
      when it logged in to my account. As far as I know, there is no
      DNS server on the router itself at all.

      Thanks,
      Shimon