I want to know which partition holds which Linux distribution

  • gal_broder
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2008
      I have 1 HD whith multiple partitions on it.
      Every partition has its own Linux distribution (Fedora 6, Ubuntu 7.04,
      Fedora 7, etc).

      I want to know if there is any was to check which Linux distribution
      exist on which partition (in order to make order in the partitions
      images).
    • Dror Ezion
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2008

        Hi ,

        Mount each of your partitions to different location

        And look for $mounted_path/etc/distro-release this file will tell you which linux distro you have there.

         for fedora $mounted_path$/etc/fedora-release

        for Ubuntu $mounted_path$/etc/lsb-release

        for redhat $mounted_path$/etc/redhat-release

        etc…

        Dror Ezion