Hangups in internet DSL connection

  • doronb2
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2007
      hello,
      i have Ubuntu on my laptop for some time now and i have a most
      annoying problem.
      i always have hangups in my internet ADSL connection.
      i'm using a regular modem that i recieved from my internet provider
      and in XP i used the usual dialer that windows has.
      when i installed ubuntu i managed the internet connection with
      PPPOECONF and it looked good, username, password and all, yeepee!
      but in 10 minuted i disconnected again.
      so i press on the "wired connection network" icon -> "Dial up
      connections" -> "Connect to dsl provider via modem" and i have
      internet for 10 minuted again.
      so on and so on every 10 minutes.

      it driving me CRAZY!!
      You know how long it tok me to complete the Eclipse installation for
      example???

      i don't know what to do...
      i formatted the computer and installed Kubuntu but no good. same
      problem.

      now i have Ubuntu and windows in dual-boot and Ubuntu is
      disconnecting every 10 minutes but Windows works fine...........

      (actually i have to press "disconnect" and then "connect". if i press
      only "connect" i still can't get to the internet)

      PLEASE HELP!