Re: [gnubies-il] configuring dsl modem

  • Oded Arbel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15 12:59 PM
      On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 17:16 +0000, hanna.freeman wrote:
      > I am new with ubuntu and I do not know how to define the connection
      > the internet provider.

      What internet provider ? or more specifically - DSL or cables ? for DSL
      you need to open a console and run
      sudo pppoeconf
      (you might need to install it first - if you don't have it installed,
      ubuntu will tell you what you need to do). I think its very said that
      Ubuntu, being one of the more advanced Linux distros does not have a GUI
      for configuring internet dial-up connections, something any other modern
      Linux operating system has:
      https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/pppoeconf-gui