i really need some help, i baught a leeware server, and having problems with it.

  • ronie5050
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2007
      hello i have some problems and i'd really appreciate it, if anyone
      could help me out here...
      i am struggeling with this for a few days no, with no answers...
    • ronie5050
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2007
        hello,
        i baught a linux server at leeware.com
        and having some problems with it, and found no answers yet :(
        if anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it..
        i installed everything nececery on the server,
        and i can access it using Putty , (thats how i installed everything,
        using linux commands from a guide).
        however,
        i can't access my server using VNC VIEWER, and that is my big
        problem..
        i am using TIGHTVNC, and i even tryed others as well..
        nothing worked for me
        (it worked for a friend of mine )
        it asks for my password , but than after a min says
        read exact: socket error while writing
        or it just doesn't connect and gets stuck or something..

        also..
        i installed web gui, so i could access the server from the browser ,
        more easily,
        but that also doesn't work for me..
        (again, its working for my friend)
        it asks me for the username and password
        and after i insert them,
        it writes
        and its stuck like that..
        i thought it had to do with my connection
        but i called my isp and the phone line support
        and i did test, and my internet is fine,(i have a 2.5mb adsl)
        so maybe its something else, that isn't defined properly at my end.
        if anyone that understands in this type of things
        could take the time to help me out figure this out..
        i would really really appreciate it..
        please contact me at royliran@...
        this is very urgent for me..
        i am even willing to pay for someone who makes it work for me, cuz i
        am clueless :(
        please help out.
        thanks alot,
        roy.
      • Brian Miller
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2007

          My first guess is that you have not installed a VNC Password on your system yet, but it’s only a guess.

          please contact me at royliran@gmail. com
          this is very urgent for me..
          i am even willing to pay for someone who makes it work for me, cuz i
          am clueless :(
          please help out.
          thanks alot,
          roy .

        • Maxim Veksler
          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2007
            On 5/8/07, ronie5050 <ronie5050@...> wrote:

            > hello,
            > i baught a linux server at leeware.com
            > and having some problems with it, and found no answers yet :(
            > if anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it..
            > i installed everything nececery on the server,
            > and i can access it using Putty , (thats how i installed everything,
            > using linux commands from a guide).
            > however,
            > i can't access my server using VNC VIEWER, and that is my big
            > problem..
            > i am using TIGHTVNC, and i even tryed others as well..
            > nothing worked for me
            > (it worked for a friend of mine )
            > it asks for my password , but than after a min says
            > read exact: socket error while writing
            > or it just doesn't connect and gets stuck or something..
            >
            > also..
            > i installed web gui, so i could access the server from the browser ,
            > more easily,
            > but that also doesn't work for me..
            > (again, its working for my friend)
            > it asks me for the username and password
            > and after i insert them,
            > it writes
            > and its stuck like that..
            > i thought it had to do with my connection
            > but i called my isp and the phone line support
            > and i did test, and my internet is fine,(i have a 2.5mb adsl)
            > so maybe its something else, that isn't defined properly at my end.
            > if anyone that understands in this type of things
            > could take the time to help me out figure this out..
            > i would really really appreciate it..
            > please contact me at royliran@...
            > this is very urgent for me..
            > i am even willing to pay for someone who makes it work for me, cuz i
            > am clueless :(
            > please help out.
            > thanks alot,
            > roy.

            What distribution "Linux version" you installed on this box?

            I'm assuming that the reason you don't get VNC is because you don't
            have an X server running there, have you tried to nmap the server from
            you home to see what services are listening on what ports? you can
            also run lsof -i on the server side to see the same information.

            What web management software are you using? It can be a bug of the
            software waiting for some input that never arrives, I would look at
            the web server logs to see if anything gets dumped there.

            Good luck.

            --
            Cheers,
            Maxim Veksler

            "Free as in Freedom" - Do u GNU ?
          • Oded Arbel
            Message 5 of 5 , May 9, 2007
              On Tuesday 08 May 2007 22:10:54 ronie5050 wrote:
              > hello i have some problems and i'd really appreciate it, if anyone
              > could help me out here...
              > i am struggeling with this for a few days no, with no answers...

              What is the problem ?

              --
              Oded