Kubuntu enabled for Hebrew

  • errolsapir
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
      I am using Kubuntu effy edge and want to be completely Hebrew enabled.
      What I mean by that is using English as my interface language and have
      access to Hebrew use for every application I use with ALL the Hebrew
      possibilities (ALL fonts, Hebrew speller etc.) for Open Office,
      Thunderbird and any other application I can write with.
      I would also like to have the alt/shift ability to switch between the
      two languages.
      What I have managed to do at the moment is have Hebrew with a limited
      amount of fonts, no speller and the alt/shift change ONLY works if the
      icon for languages is in Hebrew. The only way to use Hebrew is to
      change the icon to Hebrew, not use alt/shift from English.
      Is there a list of actions to take to do make a complete "enabled"
      computer?

      TIA
      Errol
    • Maxim Veksler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
        On 1/3/07, errolsapir <errol@...> wrote:

        > I am using Kubuntu effy edge and want to be completely Hebrew enabled.
        > What I mean by that is using English as my interface language and have
        > access to Hebrew use for every application I use with ALL the Hebrew
        > possibilities (ALL fonts, Hebrew speller etc.) for Open Office,
        > Thunderbird and any other application I can write with.
        > I would also like to have the alt/shift ability to switch between the
        > two languages.
        > What I have managed to do at the moment is have Hebrew with a limited
        > amount of fonts, no speller and the alt/shift change ONLY works if the
        > icon for languages is in Hebrew. The only way to use Hebrew is to
        > change the icon to Hebrew, not use alt/shift from English.
        > Is there a list of actions to take to do make a complete "enabled"
        > computer?
        >
        > TIA
        > Errol

        What you are looking for is Debian's user-he, it's available in edgy
        but I really don't know how good it's integrated. Try it.

        $ sudo aptitude install user-he

        --
        Cheers,
        Maxim Veksler

        "Free as in Freedom" - Do u GNU ?
      • Errol Sapir

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2007
            How did you

            1. Hebrew Enable it?
            2. How do you connect to say 013 on ADSL?

            --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, "errolsapir" <errol@...> wrote:

            > I am using Kubuntu effy edge and want to be completely Hebrew
            enabled.
            > What I mean by that is using English as my interface language and
            have
            > access to Hebrew use for every application I use with ALL the
            Hebrew
            > possibilities (ALL fonts, Hebrew speller etc.) for Open Office,
            > Thunderbird and any other application I can write with.
            > I would also like to have the alt/shift ability to switch between
            the
            > two languages.
            > What I have managed to do at the moment is have Hebrew with a
            limited
            > amount of fonts, no speller and the alt/shift change ONLY works if
            the
            > icon for languages is in Hebrew. The only way to use Hebrew is to
            > change the icon to Hebrew, not use alt/shift from English.
            > Is there a list of actions to take to do make a complete "enabled"
            > computer?
            >
            > TIA
            > Errol

          • Errol Sapir
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 20, 2007

              I am putting a link for people who want to use Hebrew with KDE and need instructions in Hebrew. The URL is:

              http://www.guides.co.il/download.php?guide=38

              I don't know the answer to your 2nd question.

              Errol

              Moshe Brace wrote:

              How did you

              1. Hebrew Enable it?
              2. How do you connect to say 013 on ADSL?

              --- In gnubies-il@yahoogro ups.com, "errolsapir" <errol@...> wrote:

              > I am using Kubuntu effy edge and want to be completely Hebrew
              enabled.
              > What I mean by that is using English as my interface language and
              have
              > access to Hebrew use for every application I use with ALL the
              Hebrew
              > possibilities (ALL fonts, Hebrew speller etc.) for Open Office,
              > Thunderbird and any other application I can write with.
              > I would also like to have the alt/shift ability to switch between
              the
              > two languages.
              > What I have managed to do at the moment is have Hebrew with a
              limited
              > amount of fonts, no speller and the alt/shift change ONLY works if
              the
              > icon for languages is in Hebrew. The only way to use Hebrew is to
              > change the icon to Hebrew, not use alt/shift from English.
              > Is there a list of actions to take to do make a complete "enabled"
              > computer?
              >
              > TIA
              > Errol

              This Mail Was Scanned by 012.net AntiVirus Service1- Powered by TrendMicro Interscan