Re: [gnubies-il] fixing boot luncher

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2006
      On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 04:32:23PM -0000, Shlomi Ben-Tzvi wrote:
      > Hi,
      > i instaled FC5 on my laptop, since i got one disk within an
      > another one as a usb (which i put instead of the cd) i switched the
      > disks drive and instaled the FC5.
      > i used the link:
      > http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-1097.html
      >
      > i made the bootsector using dd and add it to the windows boot.ini.
      > but when i reboot the laptop it dosen't seems to find my FC.

      What error message do you get?

      -- Tzafrir
    • Shlomi Ben-Tzvi
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2006
        --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 04:32:23PM -0000, Shlomi Ben-Tzvi wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > > i instaled FC5 on my laptop, since i got one disk within an
        > > another one as a usb (which i put instead of the cd) i switched the
        > > disks drive and instaled the FC5.
        > > i used the link:
        > > http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-1097.html
        > >
        > > i made the bootsector using dd and add it to the windows boot.ini.
        > > but when i reboot the laptop it dosen't seems to find my FC.
        >
        > What error message do you get?
        >
        > -- Tzafrir

        I don't get any error - it's just hangs there forever and coannot start.
        if i choose the boot list of the laptop, f12 on IBM, and then i choose
        to go to the specific drive, linux is booted.
        thanks in advance
        shlomi
      • Moshe Brace using Yahoo
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2006