FC5

  • Shlomi Ben-Tzvi
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 8, 2006
      Hi 2 u all,
      i recently installed FC5 (fedora core 5) on my laptop, ibm t43,
      2 gb memory.
      it looks to me that this version is very very heavy - slow,
      compare to FC3.
      does anybody use this version ? is there some tweak i can make it
      faster ?
      shlomi.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 9, 2006
        On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:15:41AM -0700, Shlomi Ben-Tzvi wrote:
        > Hi 2 u all,
        > i recently installed FC5 (fedora core 5) on my laptop, ibm t43,
        > 2 gb memory.
        > it looks to me that this version is very very heavy - slow,
        > compare to FC3.
        > does anybody use this version ? is there some tweak i can make it
        > faster ?

        Could you give a specific action that seems to be slower?
      • Shlomi Ben-Tzvi
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 10, 2006
          --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@...> wrote:

          > On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:15:41AM -0700, Shlomi Ben-Tzvi wrote:
          > > Hi 2 u all,
          > > i recently installed FC5 (fedora core 5) on my laptop, ibm t43,
          > > 2 gb memory.
          > > it looks to me that this version is very very heavy - slow,
          > > compare to FC3.
          > > does anybody use this version ? is there some tweak i can make it
          > > faster ?
          >
          > Could you give a specific action that seems to be slower?

          Moslty everything, opening browser, navigation within menus...
          delays while programs are starting from the menu