linux for AMD athlon 1.0Ghz (x86)

  • reptor222
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2006
      Does anybody knows if there is a version that supports an reletevley
      old AMD athlon 1.0 Ghz.
    • Nigel Ridley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2006
        reptor222 wrote:
        > Does anybody knows if there is a version that supports an reletevley
        > old AMD athlon 1.0 Ghz.

        Try Kubuntu - http://www.kubuntu.org/ (get the 'alternative' iso rather
        than the 'desktop' one).
        I've got it running very nicely on a similar machine.

        Blessings,

        Nigel

        --
        PrayingForIsrael.net
        http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

        Messianic E-Cards.com
        http://www.messianicecards.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2006
          On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 11:11:02PM -0000, reptor222 wrote:
          > Does anybody knows if there is a version that supports an reletevley
          > old AMD athlon 1.0 Ghz.

          Basically any distro will do. no need for a specilized distrobution and
          certainly no need to look for an old one.