Re: [gnubies-il] Re: need help installing mulinux ADDONS

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2005
      On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 01:09:37PM -0000, goodmark74 wrote:

      > The truth is I want to do my homework... we are taking a unix course
      > at collage and I thought it would be nice to be able to do the
      > homework at home instead of running to the computer lab every time.
      > I don't realy want to invest a lot of time installing a whole new OS
      > plus I do not have the experience, so a linux-on-a-diskett system
      > seemed to be an almost perfect solution. Does this make me a lazy
      > person?, perhaps, but also a student who is VERY stressed for time.
      > I will try the knoppix, thank you.

      Knoppix should generally do the trick. Note that you need a distro with
      gcc and the rest of the build tools, and not just Linux. Not all minimal
      distros have them.

      > BTW, we could do all this in hebrew...

      Hmm... Does it have an archive anywhere?

      --
      Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir@... | VIM is
      http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 26, 2005
        I recommend u Slackware, is the best distro,u can also try with
        FreeBSD is better then many distros of Linux (Not better then Slack,
        Debian and Gentoo, i think)