Startup script/shell

  • Shlomi Ben-Tzvi
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2005
      hi everybody,
      where/how do i set the shell script to be run when a user loggin:
      "su - oracle"
      the session is logged not ot he's home dir as it would if a regular login

      would occured ,
      thanks

    • Oded Arbel
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2005
        On Wednesday, 13 ◊ĎApril 2005 11:50, Shlomi Ben-Tzvi wrote:
        > hi everybody,
        > where/how do i set the shell script to be run when a user loggin:
        > "su - oracle"

        Its best if you modify .profile in the user's home dir. regardless of
        where the login occures, when "su -" is used, all init scripts are
        executed including those in the user's home dir.

        Alternativly - and I would advise against that - you can add a section
        to /etc/profile to check if the current user is "oracle" and if so
        execute something.

        --
        Oded

        ::..
        Dawson : "Like all great romantics, Shakespeare realized love was a lot
        more likely to end with a bunch of dead Danish people than with a
        kiss."
        -- from 'Dawson's Creek'
      • suigenerisyserugiran
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26 5:31 AM
          Oded is right, u also can try with the command tcsh, good luck.

          --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, Shlomi Ben-Tzvi <shlomi_bt@y...>