Re: [gnubies-il] Question regarding SSH

  • Uri Sharf
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2004
      You should be able to alias any interface, so services that need the address explictly should be able to use it. e.g in my case, on Gentoo, I use this:

      alias_eth1="192.168.253.76"

      on an interface that is DHCP enabled.

      Regards,
      Uri
    • Michael Green
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2004
        On Tuesday 28 September 2004 12:40, Uri Sharf wrote:
        > You should be able to alias any interface, so services that need the
        > address explictly should be able to use it. e.g in my case, on Gentoo, I
        > use this:
        >
        > alias_eth1="192.168.253.76"
        >
        > on an interface that is DHCP enabled.

        Gentoo is cool, I also use that!
        But, I don't quite get it.. where do you put that alias line?

        --
        Warm regards,
        Michael Green
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2004

          > Gentoo is cool, I also use that!
          > But, I don't quite get it.. where do you put that alias line?
          >
          > --

          It is :) I've added it to: /etc/conf.d/net. See the example's in the
          file itself for more details. When you add this alias, you'd be able
          to get connected dynamically with DHCP, and still access the same box
          using a "fixed" address.

          --
          Uri Sharf, Linmagazine