JavaScript in Konqueror

  • Uri Sharf
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2004
      Is anyone aware of problems with using JavaScript Bookmarklet in KDE 3.2? I'm using the SiteBar Bookmarklet in Firefox with no problems, but Konqi warns me that "protocol is not supported" when I activate it from the bookmarks toolbar. Direct launching seem fine still.

      Regards,
      Uri
    • Oded Arbel
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2004
        On Wednesday 18 August 2004 15:29, Uri Sharf wrote:
        > Is anyone aware of problems with using JavaScript Bookmarklet in KDE 3.2?
        > I'm using the SiteBar Bookmarklet in Firefox with no problems, but Konqi
        > warns me that "protocol is not supported" when I activate it from the
        > bookmarks toolbar. Direct launching seem fine still.

        Konqueror does not support bookmarklets in the bookmarks manager - on purpose.
        The khtml developers (or specificly the one who implemented support for
        bookmarklets) think this is a major security hazard as users can easily
        install malicous bookmarklets and run them.
        In order to use bookmarklets in Konqueror you need to put them in the "mini
        tools" extension, by using Tools -> Mini tools -> Edit mini tools. you might
        need to install kde-addons package to get that functionality.

        --
        Oded

        ::..
        I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up
        something and finding something else on the way.
      • Uri Sharf
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2004
          Thanks Oded, I had a look and added as per suggestion. Not sure how do I use is not though ... :( when I select it from the new menu created nothing happens. I have JS enabled globaly in Konqi. Any ideas?

          Regards,
          Uri
        • Oded Arbel
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18, 2004
            On Wednesday 18 August 2004 21:36, Uri Sharf wrote:
            > Thanks Oded, I had a look and added as per suggestion. Not sure how do I
            > use is not though ... :( when I select it from the new menu created
            > nothing happens. I have JS enabled globaly in Konqi. Any ideas?

            It should work - I tested it with the Babylon translation bookmarklet.
            Can you give here the bookmarklet code ?

            --
            Oded

            ::..
            "Even if you take every floppy diskette that AOL sends out, you still wouldn't
            be able to store all the internet !"
            -- "NetTalkLive"
          • Uri Sharf
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 18, 2004
              > It should work - I tested it with the Babylon translation bookmarklet.
              Can you give here the bookmarklet code ?

              Please have a look here: http://www.beket.nl/sitebar/
              at the bottom of the page, there's a link to add it.

              Regards,
              Uri