Software RAID question

  • Michael Green
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8 3:10 AM
      I have a computer running Fedore Core 1 installed on two ATA HDDs configured
      in mirrored RAID. It is our intention to convert the RAID into two separate
      ATA disks (no RAID anymore).
      How can this be accomplished? What tools I need to use to destroy the RAID?

      TIA,
      Michael
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8 4:53 PM
        On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 01:10:11PM +0300, Michael Green wrote:
        > I have a computer running Fedore Core 1 installed on two ATA HDDs configured
        > in mirrored RAID. It is our intention to convert the RAID into two separate
        > ATA disks (no RAID anymore).
        > How can this be accomplished? What tools I need to use to destroy the RAID?

        Preserving the information could be tricky. If you don't need to
        preserve the information, simply delete the software raid partitions and
        create new partitions on top of them.

        Also consider using LVM if you wish to later easily expand partitions.

        --