Re: [gnubies-il] start applications automatically at login

  • Liron Tocker
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
      Just to check to see if the link is proper - try clicking on one of them. Does
      it execute the application? If it does, there really shouldn't be any problem
      with it being executed at startup if it's in the correct location. If it
      doesn't, check to see if you make a proper link.

      Liron

      On Friday 25 June 2004 21:53, SeaKing wrote:
      > ok i made the link to mozilla_thunderbird and to the fire fox
      > and still:
      > a: non of them is prestarting and the kde doesn't remember to start them
      > (if they were open)
      > i already configured the session man so other app r remembered
      >
      > Liron Tocker wrote:
      > >In the KDE control center, you'll find a module under "Components" called
      > >"Session Manager" which will allow you to tweak the settings of your
      > > log-in session. If you want KDE to restore your previous session, make
      > > sure that "Restore previous session" is marked. If that doesn't apply to
      > > all the applicaions you had running when you logged off, make a link to
      > > the application in the "Autostart" folder as I described in my previous
      > > mail.
      > >
      > >Liron
      > >
      > >On Friday 25 June 2004 07:51, SeaKing wrote:
      > >>ok
      > >>consider that i want the kde to remember what was open before shutdown
      > >>(it does remember ) but not all programs.
      > >>programs such as mozilla fail to start over,,,

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Offer Kaye
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
        > Liron Tocker wrote:
        >
        >> Assuming you use KDE (although you didn't indicate):
        >> In KDE's ".kde" folder (it's hidden in your home folder) you'll find a
        >> folder
        >> labeled "Autostart". In there you can place links to applications or
        >> scripts
        >> you would like to have executed when KDE starts up.
        >>
        >> Liron

        That did the trick- thanks Liron!

        Offer Kaye