USB ADSL modem with Mandrake 6.1

  • Lisi Feit Geffen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
      I finally got around to installing an old copy of Mandrake I'd been
      given for free a few years ago. It's version 6.1, not sure about the
      Linux core or how to find that out, if it makes a difference.

      I have an ADSL connection through Actcom and am using the USB modem
      ALE 130. I've seen posts on this list that there are Linux drivers for
      this modem, and I've seen the link to Flashtux but I can't seem to
      figure out which one I need or what to do with it. I've used Linux a
      bit but have never compiled or installed anything and am looking for a
      little hand-holding with this particular problem.

      Can someone give me instructions for connecting with my modem, from
      downloading the driver to configuring the connection? Once I can get
      online I'll figure out how to upgrade the core and packages, I'm sure
      Mandrake has some kind of resource for this.

      I'm sure there's more info you need, please let me know what I've left
      out.

      Thanks!!

      -Lisi
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
        On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Lisi Feit Geffen wrote:

        > I finally got around to installing an old copy of Mandrake I'd been
        > given for free a few years ago. It's version 6.1, not sure about the
        > Linux core or how to find that out, if it makes a difference.

        I'm sorry, but there's no way I can help you with such an ancient Linux
        version. (and I don't think anyone else here can as well).

        If you want to be helped, please install a newer version, like Mandrake
        9.2.

        Home Page: http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

        He has a high degree of idealism, a high degree of stubbornness, and an even
        higher degree of inability to distiniguish between the two.
      • Alon Altman
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
          On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Shlomi Fish wrote:

          > On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Lisi Feit Geffen wrote:
          >
          > > I finally got around to installing an old copy of Mandrake I'd been
          > > given for free a few years ago. It's version 6.1, not sure about the
          > > Linux core or how to find that out, if it makes a difference.
          > >

          > I'm sorry, but there's no way I can help you with such an ancient Linux
          > version. (and I don't think anyone else here can as well).
          >
          > If you want to be helped, please install a newer version, like Mandrake
          > 9.2.

          If you don't have a CD writer or a fast internet connection (or a friend
          that can burn you MDK9.2), you can order it from Ha'makor for the price of
          30NIS, or you can order the older RH9.0 for 20NIS. Please e-mail me if
          you're interested.

          Alon

          --
          This message was sent by Alon Altman (alon@...) ICQ:1366540