Re: [gnubies-il] configuring network parameters without GUI

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2004
      On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:42:39AM +0200, David Sapir wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I need to configure network params. I need to know all the files that need
      > to be changed.
      > I have Red Hat 9 minimal installation (no X, no GUI, no graphics).
      > The network params are:
      > IP address
      > hostname
      > domain
      > workgroup (in the widows network)
      > DNS (primary & secondary)
      > Gateway
      > subnet mask
      > Did I forget anything?

      redhat-config-network-tui
      redhat-config-network-cmd --export
      redhat-config-network-cmd --import

      --
      Tzafrir Cohen +---------------------------+
      mailto:tzafrir@... +---------------------------+
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2004
        Thanks.
        I found 2 manuals in Red Hat's web site:
        Red Hat 9.0 Configuration Guide
        Red Hat 9.0 Reference Guide

        I found all the files that set the network parameters there.
        There are many answers to other things as well, and I recommend all newbies
        to look there for an answer. To get these documents search from inside the
        red hat's site (www.redhat.com) the names of the guides.

        Good luck,
        David.