configuring network parameters without GUI

  • David Sapir
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2004
      Hi,
      I need to configure network params. I need to know all the files that need
      to be changed.
      I have Red Hat 9 minimal installation (no X, no GUI, no graphics).
      The network params are:
      IP address
      hostname
      domain
      workgroup (in the widows network)
      DNS (primary & secondary)
      Gateway
      subnet mask
      Did I forget anything?

      Thanks in advance,
      David.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2004
        On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:42:39AM +0200, David Sapir wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I need to configure network params. I need to know all the files that need
        > to be changed.
        > I have Red Hat 9 minimal installation (no X, no GUI, no graphics).
        > The network params are:
        > IP address
        > hostname
        > domain
        > workgroup (in the widows network)
        > DNS (primary & secondary)
        > Gateway
        > subnet mask
        > Did I forget anything?

        redhat-config-network-tui
        redhat-config-network-cmd --export
        redhat-config-network-cmd --import

        --
        Tzafrir Cohen +---------------------------+
        mailto:tzafrir@... +---------------------------+
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2004
          Thanks.
          I found 2 manuals in Red Hat's web site:
          Red Hat 9.0 Configuration Guide
          Red Hat 9.0 Reference Guide

          I found all the files that set the network parameters there.
          There are many answers to other things as well, and I recommend all newbies
          to look there for an answer. To get these documents search from inside the
          red hat's site (www.redhat.com) the names of the guides.

          Good luck,
          David.