How to install applications on YDL

  • itwig
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2003
      I have installed the YellowDogLinux on my PowerBook (MAC).
      How do I install applicaitons like "mplayer"?

      I have downloaded some rpm's, and some .bin files. How to I use it?

      Thanks,
      Ilan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2003
        On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 08:58:15PM -0000, itwig wrote:
        > I have installed the YellowDogLinux on my PowerBook (MAC).
        > How do I install applicaitons like "mplayer"?
        >
        > I have downloaded some rpm's, and some .bin files. How to I use it?

        yum?

        (YellowDog Update Module , or something)

        Should have a similar functionality to apt.

        Try http://freshrpms.net/packages/ .

        --