connecting with adsl samsung aht-e300

  • kokit74
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 7, 2003
      hi all,

      I am a newbie and need to connect to barak with my samsung modem using
      adsl connection . can anyone gice me instructions?

      thanks ,
      kokit
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 7, 2003
        On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, kokit74 wrote:

        > hi all,
        >
        > I am a newbie and need to connect to barak with my samsung modem using
        > adsl connection . can anyone gice me instructions?

        Is your Modem communication protocol PPPoE or PPTP? Do you have a router
        (NAT) installed?

        > thanks ,
        > kokit

        Writing a BitKeeper replacement is probably easier at this point than getting
        its license changed.

        Matt Mackall on OFTC.net #offtopic.
      • kokit74
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 8, 2003
          I know that in windowns it's PPPoE.I don't have router installed.

          have a nice day itzik

          --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@t...> wrote:

          > Is your Modem communication protocol PPPoE or PPTP? Do you have a router
          > (NAT) installed?
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Shlomi Fish
        • Diego Iastrubni
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 8, 2003
            shlomi you should know the blue samsung is pppoe...

            itzik, which distro?

            áùáú, 8 áðåáîáø 2003, 16:52, ðëúá òì éãé kokit74:
            > I know that in windowns it's PPPoE.I don't have router installed.
            >
            > have a nice day itzik
            >
            > --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@t...> wrote:
            > > Is your Modem communication protocol PPPoE or PPTP? Do you have a router
            > > (NAT) installed?
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Shlomi Fish

            diego,

          • kokit74
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 8, 2003
              it's mandrake.I tried to use the gui but the connection failed...
              So maybe i need some text job..

              itzik

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > --
              >
              > diego,

              > See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
            • Diego Iastrubni
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 8, 2003
                you dont.

                what does happen when you follow the wizard? which version?

                paste here the output of "route" and "ifconfig" please.

                בשבת, 8 בנובמבר 2003, 22:44, נכתב על ידי kokit74:
                > it's mandrake.I tried to use the gui but the connection failed...
                > So maybe i need some text job..
                >
                > itzik
                >
                > --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, Diego Iastrubni <iastrubn@a...> wrote:
                > > shlomi you should know the blue samsung is pppoe...
                > >
                > > itzik, which distro?
                > >
                > > áùáú, 8 áðåáîáø 2003, 16:52, ðëúá òì éãé kokit74:
                > > > I know that in windowns it's PPPoE.I don't have router installed.
                > > >
                > > > have a nice day itzik

                > a router

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                >
                > > --
                > >
                > > diego,
                > >
                > > Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
                > > See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

                diego,

              • yasha
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 8, 2003
                  hi kokit :)

                  i connect using bezeqint as the isp but if the connection method is the same,
                  then what you need to do is get the "adsl-stop" and "adsl-start" scripts
                  running on your box.

                  if you google for Mulix's web page about connecting with that modem, he
                  explains pretty much exactly how to do it :) it worked for me after some
                  tweaking ... and some answers from the more expert users on this list :)

                  g'day and good luck :)

                  yasha

                  On Saturday 08 November 2003 08:11, kokit74 wrote:
                  > hi all,
                  >
                  > I am a newbie and need to connect to barak with my samsung modem using
                  > adsl connection . can anyone gice me instructions?
                  >
                  > thanks ,
                  > kokit

                • kokit74
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 9, 2003
                    hi all with mandrake wizard here what i get :

                    use auto detection ->ADSL connection -> use pppoe ->
                    provider name :barak
                    provider dns1 : 212,150.48.169
                    provider dns2 :206.49.94.234
                    account login : myuser@IBarak
                    account password : my password
                    -> connection on boot : no
                    do you want to try to the internet now ? yes and then the first choice
                    is back again and on another one it says "The system doesn't seem to
                    be connected to the internet.Try to reconfigure your connection.

                    ifconfig->
                    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:20:ED:75:86:08
                    inet addr:10.0.0.10 Bcast:10.200.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
                    collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
                    RX bytes:650 (650.0 b) TX bytes:970 (970.0 b)
                    Interrupt:18 Base address:0xd000

                    lo Link encap:Local Loopback
                    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
                    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
                    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
                    RX bytes:6928 (6.7 Kb) TX bytes:6928 (6.7 Kb)
                    Kernel IP routing table
                    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref
                    Use Iface
                    10.0.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0
                    0 eth0
                    127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo

                    and yasha : the site you talked about is not for samsung :(

                    thanks you all again
                    itzik

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 9, 2003
                      áéåí øàùåï, 9 áðåáîáø 2003, 10:41, ðëúá òì éãé kokit74:
                      > hi all with mandrake wizard here what i get :
                      (BTW are you using the hebrew UI or english UI?)

                      > use auto detection ->ADSL connection -> use pppoe ->
                      > provider name :barak
                      > provider dns1 : 212,150.48.169
                      > provider dns2 :206.49.94.234
                      > account login : myuser@IBarak
                      > account password : my password
                      > -> connection on boot : no
                      should be yes.

                      > do you want to try to the internet now ? yes and then the first choice
                      > is back again and on another one it says "The system doesn't seem to
                      > be connected to the internet.Try to reconfigure your connection.
                      >
                      > ifconfig->
                      > eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:20:ED:75:86:08
                      > inet addr:10.0.0.10 Bcast:10.200.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
                      ah ah!
                      in nic is set to DHCP right?
                      please set it by hand to 10.0.0.4, or not set it up at all (pppoe works that
                      way)

                      --

                      diego,

                    • kokit74
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 9, 2003
                        i use the english one(for now...)
                        anyway it failed again , the ifconfig and route:

                        ifconfig:
                        eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:20:ED:75:86:08
                        inet addr:10.0.0.4 Bcast:10.0.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
                        collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
                        RX bytes:49680 (48.5 Kb) TX bytes:77424 (75.6 Kb)
                        Interrupt:18 Base address:0xd000

                        lo Link encap:Local Loopback
                        inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
                        UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
                        collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
                        RX bytes:9120 (8.9 Kb) TX bytes:9120 (8.9 Kb)

                        route:

                        Kernel IP routing table
                        Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref
                        Use Iface
                        10.0.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0
                        0 eth0
                        127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo

                        itzik

                        --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, Diego Iastrubni <iastrubn@a...> wrote:
                        > áéåí øàùåï, 9 áðåáîáø 2003, 10:41, ðëúá òì éãé kokit74:
                        > > hi all with mandrake wizard here what i get :
                        > (BTW are you using the hebrew UI or english UI?)
                        >
                        > > use auto detection ->ADSL connection -> use pppoe ->
                        > > provider name :barak
                        > > provider dns1 : 212,150.48.169
                        > > provider dns2 :206.49.94.234
                        > > account login : myuser@IBarak
                        > > account password : my password
                        > > -> connection on boot : no
                        > should be yes.
                        >
                        > > do you want to try to the internet now ? yes and then the first choice
                        > > is back again and on another one it says "The system doesn't seem to
                        > > be connected to the internet.Try to reconfigure your connection.
                        > >
                        > > ifconfig->
                        > > eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:20:ED:75:86:08
                        > > inet addr:10.0.0.10 Bcast:10.200.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
                        > ah ah!
                        > in nic is set to DHCP right?
                        > please set it by hand to 10.0.0.4, or not set it up at all (pppoe
                        works that
                        > way)
                        >
                        > > Kernel IP routing table
                        > > Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref
                        > > Use Iface
                        > > 10.0.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0
                        > > 0 eth0
                        > > 127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0
                        0 lo

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 9, 2003
                          ביום ראשון, 9 בנובמבר 2003, 11:49, נכתב על ידי kokit74:
                          > i use the english one(for now...)
                          > anyway it failed again , the ifconfig and route:
                          >
                          > ifconfig:
                          > eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:20:ED:75:86:08
                          > inet addr:10.0.0.4 Bcast:10.0.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
                          > UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
                          > collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
                          > RX bytes:49680 (48.5 Kb) TX bytes:77424 (75.6 Kb)
                          > Interrupt:18 Base address:0xd000
                          >
                          > lo Link encap:Local Loopback
                          > inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
                          > UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
                          > collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
                          > RX bytes:9120 (8.9 Kb) TX bytes:9120 (8.9 Kb)
                          >
                          > route:
                          pppd is not running.

                          "service adsl start"

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 9, 2003
                            so what do i do to run the pppd?
                            itzik
                          • kokit74
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 9, 2003
                              so what do i do to run the pppd?
                              itzik
                            • kokit74
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 9, 2003
                                this is what i get:

                                [root@localhost itzik]# service adsl start
                                Bringing up ADSL link................TIMED OUT
                                /usr/sbin/adsl-start: line 194: 2595 Terminated $CONNECT
                                "$@" >/de v/null 2>&1
                                [FAILED]
                              • Diego Iastrubni
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 9, 2003
                                  contact your isp and ask them what do they see on the other side.
                                  i cannot help you anymore. they will probably say "we dont support
                                  linux" they them you do, but you need to know what the problem is, ask
                                  them for the symptoms they see on their side, write them and post them here.

                                  if the support man says "everything is OK" ask for the "achrai
                                  mishmeret", they usually dont need to read from a cue card to fix
                                  problems (open the start menu ....)

                                  kokit74 wrote:

                                  >this is what i get:
                                  >
                                  >[root@localhost itzik]# service adsl start
                                  >Bringing up ADSL link................TIMED OUT
                                  >/usr/sbin/adsl-start: line 194: 2595 Terminated $CONNECT
                                  >"$@" >/de v/null 2>&1
                                  > [FAILED]

                                • kokit74
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 10, 2003
                                    Well they don't know...

                                    itzik

                                    --- In gnubies-il@yahoogroups.com, Diego Iastrubni <iastrubn@a...> wrote:
                                    > contact your isp and ask them what do they see on the other side.
                                    > i cannot help you anymore. they will probably say "we dont support
                                    > linux" they them you do, but you need to know what the problem is, ask
                                    > them for the symptoms they see on their side, write them and post
                                    them here.

                                    > if the support man says "everything is OK" ask for the "achrai
                                    > mishmeret", they usually dont need to read from a cue card to fix
                                    > problems (open the start menu ....)
                                    >

                                    > kokit74 wrote:
                                    >
                                    > >this is what i get:
                                    > >
                                    > >[root@localhost itzik]# service adsl start
                                    > >Bringing up ADSL link................TIMED OUT
                                    > >/usr/sbin/adsl-start: line 194: 2595 Terminated $CONNECT
                                    > >"$@" >/de v/null 2>&1

                                    [FAILED]

                                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/