Linux users & groups

  • ronengtb
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003
      Hello all,

      I would like to know if there is a way to find out
      (like the users and groups/computers on a windows system):

      1. What users & groups exist on a linux machine, to which
      group they belong and what this group is allowed to do.

      2. What are the built in groups (like the root group) and what
      can they do.

      Thanks in advance,
      Ronen Gottlieb.
    • Diego Iastrubni
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003
        if you run a mandrake "userdarke"
        redhat may ave redhat-config-users or similar.

        man users may give yo an idea for console.