geomerty of a looped device

  • Diego Iastrubni
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2003
      Hi all

      I need to make a VFAT virtual disk for Bochs. What I did was:
      dd if=/dev/zero of=hd.img count=$DISK_SIZE
      /sbin/mkfs.vfat hd.img

      now, what is the geometry of that "disk"?
      the Bochs config is currently:

      ata0-master: type=disk, path="hd.img", cylinders=81 heads=64, spt=$DISK_SIZE,
      translation=non

      which is very wrong. how can I know the exact parameters of the disk image?

      --

      diego, 15 Tishrey 5764