Uninstalling a `make install` program

  • Leibovich
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6 12:35 PM
      Is there a semi-standard safe way to remove completely a program I installed
      with `make install`? assumingly I've kept the sources directory?
      I think that rm `cat make.log` is the correct direction but I've no idea. Any
      ideas?
    • Diego Iastrubni
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7 10:57 AM
        make unisntall?

        kde and gnome support it. actually all sources generated from auto* will
        support it.

        ביום רביעי, 6 באוגוסט 2003, 22:35, Leibovich כתב:
        > Is there a semi-standard safe way to remove completely a program I
        > installed with `make install`? assumingly I've kept the sources directory?
        > I think that rm `cat make.log` is the correct direction but I've no idea.
        > Any ideas?

        - diego
        / A man of genius makes no mistakes. His \
        | errors are volitional and are the |
        | portals of discovery. -- James Joyce, |
        \ "Ulysses" /
        \ ^__^
        || ||