compiling 8139too as a module

  • Meh Lounge
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2003
      I'm having a gentoo-source kernel, but I can't find in
      menuconfig options any option to install 8139too
      driver, and indeed I do not have it compiled.
      Where can I install this driver which option should I
      set in menuconfig?

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2003
        On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Meh Lounge wrote:

        > I'm having a gentoo-source kernel, but I can't find in
        > menuconfig options any option to install 8139too
        > driver, and indeed I do not have it compiled.
        > Where can I install this driver which option should I
        > set in menuconfig?

        Network device support -> Ethernet (10 or 100 MBit) ->
        RealTek RTL-8139 PCI Fast Ethernet adapter support

        Next time you can grep the Makefiles, and the Config.in files.

        There's no point in keeping an idea to yourself since there's a 10 to 1
        chance that somebody already has it and will share it before you.