NFS server shutdown

  • phrm75
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2003
      Hi,
      I mount via NFS some directories on other machines in the network.
      Everything works fine, but sumtimes they shut down one of the NFS
      servers, which causes any df (and any process that uses it) to fall
      into "uninteruptible sleep". How can I prevent this?

      Thanks

      PS I suspect that sometimes they just turn off the electricity in the
      room in which the server sit, which means that no proper shutdown is done.